Regarding last year, where have I been in 2011? I can make a list for that.
Running related things first.
- Marathons: ran 2 - Boston and Bob Potts, raced and PR'd 2 - Lehigh Valley and Marine Corps. My PR improved almost 10 minutes over 2010.
- Half Marathons: ran Chambersburg Half and raced Wineglass. New PR at Wineglass by about 4 minutes (raced 2)
- Ran 1 ultra - Holiday Lake 50k++ at not quite race effort and finished just under 6 hours and enjoyed it.
- Ran a 5k and raced 2 10ks. No true PRs at the 10k distance where both races seemed longer and my watch showed a PR pace.
- Boston Marathon was a real fun experience overall and amazing in many ways.
- I finished the year with 2116.3 miles, an average of about 40 miles per week.
- I paced friends in 3 of the above races rather than racing them myself and we met our goal on 2 of them. One of the 10k races was a fundraiser for breast cancer research and I wore a pink shirt with ribbons!
- I have been making progress on a bathroom project at home and have only about 10% still to do.
- At church I have been teaching teens on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. I continue as assistant treasurer. I was appointed as an Elder near the end of the year.
- Rose and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary in July with a visit to Baladerry Inn near Gettysburg. Our honeymoon included some time in the same town.
- I plan to do less running after a couple of key races - Holiday Lake 50k++ and Boston Marathon. My plan was to go for a big PR at Boston, but plantar fasciitis is interrupting my training. I will be happy to finish both races without looking or being disabled.
- I will switch to working out with Rose and helping her reach fitness goals that she will set.
- Church leadership responsibilities will take some more priority and probably stretch my comfort zone.
- Summer time should include a family reunion trip to Kansas.
- In the bathroom there is some wall space to finish/paint and the tub to reglaze. More home projects await after the bathroom is 100%.