Thursday, May 22, 2014

Plans change

This weekend I was to run in a 24 hour race.  I will be a volunteer at the Sole Challenge 24 Hour Race rather than a participant. 

An injury that showed up about 2 months ago has brought a change of plans.  Easing my training did not resolve the problem - some lower leg overuse issues.  I have been going to physical therapy for 4 weeks and managing about 20 percent or less of intended or even normal mileage.  Just as PT was helping my leg, I twisted my back and that problem has been worse than the original complaint. My back now is pretty close to normal again and today I had a normal kind of run/workout for the first time in weeks.

If the recovery is not derailed, I will run a trail race as part of a relay team in mid June.  I am signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon in late October and expect to run it with Matt.  And I have registered for the JFK 50 Miler in November as a replacement for the 24 hour race and for something drive my training.

I am more familiar with changing plans by adding more to my schedule.  This time I had a lesson in patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment